Built in 1902, this Portsmouth home epitomized the colonial shingle style common to the surrounding neighborhood at the beginning of the 20th century. In more recent years, the home served as the parish residence for many Christian ministers and their families. Fondly nicknamed Stella Maris, meaning “The Star of the Sea”, the home was privately purchased and delicately renovated.
The thoughtful restoration of the exterior gave new life to the interior while being sensitive to the home's original classic design. The home's shingles were given a wash of bright color unlike any other in the neighborhood. The kitchen was relocated to the front of the home to create connectivity to the front porch with street views. Existing windows were removed and fully repaired and reinstalled with the addition of custom exterior storm panels.