First appearing on Maine's southern coast in 1776, this lagging third generation-owned home came with a challenge: fulfill the clients' wishes but leave the house still looking at home in its landscape. To make way for visiting children, grandchildren, and friends, a large gambrel-roofed addition housing a spacious kitchen was built. The goal was to make the space as welcoming for large crowds as it is for just two. The team rehabbed the existing three-seasoned porch and enlarged the old parlor to reflect contemporary standards. Almost every window and door were removed, restored, and replaced. New skylights were installed in the mudroom and upper hall to usher in as much natural sunlight as possible.